5 Steps to Get Your Blogs To Rank
As a business owner, online presence should be a top priority. it will lead to better traffic, more clicks and increased conversions. If you’re using blogging as a part of your SEO, you’re on the right track. However, your blogs need to be created around a solid content strategy. Our Auckland SEO experts have put together five tips that be should implement to help your blogs rank higher on the Google results page.
Your Blog Design Should Be SEO-Friendly
A well-designed website that has a seamless flow and is effortless to navigate will rank better than those that are more confusing. This is the same as a website blog. Check your blog for these elements that make it SEO-friendly:
- Is the most important information above the fold? Users want the majority of your content in their eye’s view so that they don’t have to scroll to look for it. If you use a slider, make sure that the information on the slider contains the key message of the blog.
- Do you have a hub page? If you have a lot of content archived on your blog tab, your SEO will benefit from hub pages so that your best, or most popular content, is featured. Therefore, making your blog easier to navigate.
- Do you have fewer than 100 links on the page? Google only indexes a certain number of kilobytes per page. If you have more than 100 clickable links featured, not only does that create a poor user experience, but Google might index the page as spam.
- How much ad space is featured? If you don’t limit how many ads are added to your site, loading times will slow down, hurting your traffic numbers. Therefore, design your website to have fast loading times.
1. Optimise Your Blog Posts
Blogging is a great way to provide information to your users. However, you can’t rely on leads to simply stumble across your blogs. You need to optimise them with targeted keywords that bring in the kind of prospects that want the services you’re offering. By optimising your blogs, you’re providing information that your target market is asking for, therefore increasing your leads, improving ranking and growing traffic.
2. Use WordPress SEO Plugins
WordPress is an incredible blogging platform and content management systems available online. Part of the reason for its popularity is that WordPress contains many helpful SEO plugins that you can use to improve the SEO efforts of your blogs. Better yet, many of the plugins are free. Yoast is one of them. It’s free, one of the most used SEO plugins, and you can use it to do almost everything you need to optimise your blog posts. Others to look into including W3 Total Cache and Google XML Sitemaps. Hunt For Links
When publishing blogs on your business website, using internal and external links is fantastic for making your blogs more informative, authoritative and relevant within your industry. It also boosts rankings. By including links to credible industry leaders, you’re drawing the attention of others that are relevant to your website.
When hunting for links, look for popular blogs or service providers who are in the same industry as you are, that publish trackbacks. Find the most popular of those blogs, with the most shares, comments or tracks, and then build a list of contactable people who responded well to those posts, or used them to link with.
When you’ve written a new blog, contact your list and let them know that you’ve expanded on the original post that they commented on, or linked with. If they like your efforts, they’ll link to your post, making your content more visible to a broader audience.
3. Don’t Stop Blogging
The users who enjoy your blogs will always come back for more. Unfortunately, posting a new blog once every three months is not enough to hold their attention, and they’ll move elsewhere to get information. Even worse, if you don’t blog consistently the way your users want you to, they might move over to your competition and boost their numbers and ranking instead. The more you publish, the more your SEO will improve.
If you want your blogs for your business site to rank well, then SEO experts in Auckland recommend that you follow these tips. On an easy to navigate website, full of informative content that loads fast, your users will enjoy the experience they have with you. If you optimise your blogs to attract new visitors from organic searches, your traffic numbers will rise, leading to a better ranking and more conversions. It’s a win-win. However, remember, don’t stop blogging!
To learn more, talk to the team at Sprocket!