How to Create a Brand Name?
In this article, we will talk about how the brand name is created. First of all, ‘What is a brand?’ and ‘What is the brand name?’ Let’s answer your questions. The signs that distinguish goods and services from goods and services produced by different people or companies are called ‘trademarks’. The registered numbers, figures, letters and signs are called ‘brand name’. Another important thing that comes to mind when brand is mentioned is ‘branding‘.
Branding is the effect that makes consumers buy a cup of average quality coffee for 3 times the price. Of course, one of the most important factors affecting the branding process is the brand name. In our time when competition is increasing in every sector, it is necessary to move forward with the right marketing strategies, taking into account the target audiences, in order to differentiate from the competitors. When this is done under a strong brand name, the brand increases its chances in the sector.
Brand name is the first step of communication with customers. A customer gets their first impression of the brand by looking at the name. For example, let’s consider someone who has never heard of ‘Turkish Airlines’. When you tell him this name, he can easily say that the brand belongs to a company that provides airline services in Turkey. Anyone who reads the name ‘Philip Morris’ somewhere thinks that this name is the brand founder(s). Brand names created on the basis of the name, surname or using it as it is being not preferred much nowadays. We mostly see it in brands that have been on the market for quite some time. For example, Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi, there is no doubt that the name choice of this brand was a logical choice for 1871. The question “Would it have had the same effect if this brand had been created in 2021 with the same name?” is debatable.
Well, you produce a product or service, or you have an idea. What should you consider when creating a brand name?
Let’s give details about how to create a brand name.
- It should relate to the product in some way, offering insight into the purpose, benefits, and quality of products manufactured by the brand.
- Since long names are less memorable, short names with 7 or less letters should be preferred.
- In the future, when the brand is wanted to be enlarged, it should be a name that will not restrict. When you want to expand your business in the future, it should be welcomed in the geography you intend to serve.
- It should be as unique as possible, which does not evoke the names of competitors and does not bring to mind other companies.
- It should be easy to pronounce, remember, and evoke, and should not have a negative saying or perception.
- It should be visually compatible with use and easily applicable to logo designs. The fact that the name of the brand can be easily read when looking at the logo affects the awareness positively.
- Building on a story gives direction and convenience to future marketing efforts.
Considering these, after finding the most suitable names for your brand and determining your options, it’s time to see if these names are taken and whether they have social media accounts. As a result of some research, you have seen that there is no problem in this part. By communicating with the people around you, you should decide the pronunciation and the most memorable by speaking aloud. In order to prevent the registration of the use of the same name in the future, you need to register your brand name without wasting much time. After getting your website extension, you have created a brand that is entirely your own.