Simple Tips on How to Write Effective Authors Bio Box for Guest Blogs
The ‘Authors Bio’ segment you see below a blog post is a living document that helps an author to build a relationship with readers. Your blog post has offered them valuable information, they came in search for. Unless you tell them who you are and what you do, a relationship will never start.
An author’s bio is a place, where you connect with potential clients and build your authority. You will need to install the WordPress author box plugin to create a customized and appealing bio blocks if you have multiple guest writers.
Simple tips to write an effective author’s bio for your guest blog post
- Talk about you – It is personal as well as career-focused. E.g. ‘Jane Doe is the author of Ingenious Digital Darkroom, Photography professor at Goenka University and a team member of Photography Travel’.
- Choose an HD photo – Choose a professional photo with a smile. It is best to choose a photo that does not look like a mugshot, and exhibits your fine personality.
- Keep bio sweet and small – Practice to write in less than 100 words. The language needs to be simple, even when you are promoting yourself.
- Explain your doings in 3rd person – Start with your name rather than ‘I’ and use the third person like he, she, him, or her. It has to sound as if someone else is talking about you.
E.g. ‘Jane Doe is the author of Ingenious Digital Darkroom, Photography professor at Goenka University, and a team member of Photography Travel. She is a creator of photography certification course and has awarded more than 15,000 certificates to global professionals, since September 2018. She brings an experience of 12 years to her current role, where she is dedicated to inspiring and educating the world about telling their stories via strategic photographic skills. You can look for her on Facebook@janedoe or Linkedln.’
- Include evidence – Your readers need to see you as a credible source of information. You need to give them a reason to believe you. To ensure that you are the best in your niche, share information about a relevant award you received or a performance stat. In the above example, ‘She is a creator of photography certification course and has awarded more than 15,000 certificates to global professionals, since September 2018’. It is evidence that helps to build credibility among readers who are not aware of Jane Doe.
- Offer something genuine – Offering something personal helps the reader connect better. In the above case, the purpose is clearly seen here – ‘She is dedicated to inspiring and educating the world about telling their stories via strategic photographic skills’.
- Offer Social Media proof – Never list multiple social channels, and just a couple of top ones. The channels chosen need to be the ones that you monitor regularly and engage with your followers. In the above case, Facebook and Linkedln are mentioned. Ensure to hyperlink your social channel description with social media profiles, making it easier for readers to click on it and find you.
- Include your websites inbound link – Guest blogging helps to build inbound links. Make sure to link it to a relevant blog or your homepage. In the above example, you can link your author’s bio to your blog, Photography Travel. It is relevant and helpful to the readers.
There are myriads of WordPress author box plugins available, but Simple Author Box Pro is user-friendly. It is responsive and has fascinating features.