How to run your legacy Java application in a browser
With the advancement in technology and increase in data, the world needs bigger solutions to the bigger problems without wasting the time and money. Running legacy java applications is also part of the problem statement.
We are very glad to have Webswing as a solution to this problem. In this article, we will know about the most efficient way to run legacy desktop applications from a browser.
Legacy applications are those applications that are not supported by the current technology including hardware, OS, or architecture. They are outdated or don’t have continuous support and compatibility with the latest devices.
What is the need to use legacy applications?
It might come to your mind why organisations need to use legacy applications instead of updating them. Well, there are a lot of changes required to launch old desktop applications in browser and/or in the latest devices or operating systems so, the organisations cannot afford to do so.
Organisations have been using Java and Swing applications for quite a long time and they cannot afford to destroy their records or expensive migration.
Challenges to migrate from legacy applications to a newer one
Following are the challenges for the organisations to leave their old Java applications.
- Time and money of course are the best assets for an organisation and hence, the most important challenge
- Developers cost
- Chances of loss of data
- Risk factors
Why do companies need to run legacy applications in the browser?
- The idea of running windows desktop applications in the web browser is becoming a need for organisations especially in this era of Pandemic situations, employees need to work remotely or from their homes.
- No specific operating system is required to run legacy applications. You just need to have a browser and you are good to go.
- You can access your application anywhere and anytime.
Webswing – the best solution for portable and legacy applications
Webswing has come up with the best cost-efficient solution for running desktop applications in the web browser. Webswing is a software company intended to build a migration framework for Java and Swing-based applications. There are many other tools developed since but Webswing idea is most suitable to the organisations urging to maximise the performance of their applications without extra effort.
What webswing offers to run the desktop application in a web browser
- Easy to Set Up: Webswing provides an interactive user interface that requires very little technical knowledge to set up and use the system to run desktop applications in a web browser.
- No code changes required: Other tools that allow Java applications to run from browsers require modification in the code which is again not suitable for today’s fast-paced industry. Webswing just needs the legacy Java application files and it is ready to launch a Java application in the browser.
- Powerful migration framework: Migration framework is one of the best features of Webswing that allows the application in the browser without changing a single line of code of the application. So, the companies don’t need to call black the developers of the application to modify it.
- Most Effective to run: Webswing executes the legacy java applications in the browser with the same experience and feel as it runs on the native Operating System.
There are multiple solutions available in the market to run Java applications in the browser (like ajaxswing or jpro) or rather using the RDP solution like Citrix, but Webswing seems to standing out a bit due to its migration framework utility, easy setup interface, and most effective performance of the Legacy swing applications. If you are using legacy applications and the latest OS does not support it more, Webswing is the best solution to run outdated and even the latest Java applications in the browser.