The Path To Science And Technology Sectors:
B.Sc stands for a bachelor of science degree. In this degree, one will find the core sciences such as physics, chemistry, and biology along with mathematics and computing courses. A B.Sc course duration can last between three years to five years. The course is seen as a foundation of science where students can build on. It typically tends to focus on a specific subject area, preparing the students for a well-paid career in the professional fields of science. The course can be pursued as both full time and part-time with the options of plain B.Sc or B.Sc (Honours). Candidates should have a good interest in science and mathematics to be able to succeed. Getting into a top college is another factor for the same. The Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management was established in the year 1980 in Visakhapatnam and is affiliated to the Andhra Pradesh University. Applications for GITAM Admission can be found on the college website.
A Degree in Science
A degree in science is often much more than just that– “a degree in science.” It is a set of abilities that are not limited to your understanding of the subject area but include a variety of other skills. Studying science helps you develop a scientific temperament, ask questions, and understand a concept with logical reasoning. It allows you to become a thinker and teaches you to solve problems independently. You become a self-motivated individual. You also gain the ability to multitask. So many of these abilities can stand you in good stead in the real professional world. However, before you enter the professional arena, the big question that you must answer is- what do I want to do in life?
It has been a norm world over that after graduating with a degree in science, you follow the path of academic research and eventually become an independent researcher making discoveries. However, the time has come when we should start looking at the bigger picture and understand that not everyone with a “degree in science” needs to become an independent researcher. With the abilities and skills that you earn throughout these years, you can explore a variety of fields, so long as you are willing to apply your knowledge and skills in the right way. Today, a large number of avenues have opened up for science graduates where they can pursue their interests and succeed.
How To Join For B.Sc Course?
The candidates should have passed higher secondary (10+2) education with at least 50% mark. The application forms can be filled online and can be submitted with the payment of application fees. GITAM Admissions for students will be purely based on merit and the candidates will have to claim their seats by paying the admission fees after publishing of the selection list.
Career Options In Science
There are ample opportunities for science graduates in the field. Here are some of the best options:
- Bio-entrepreneur: An innovative idea that can serve a need-gap is all that is needed to kickstart a career. It will be able to generate commercial value that helps you to start your own venture. About a 2 percent share of the global market of biotechnology is held by the biotechnology industry in India. Several innovations, such as 3D-printed liver scaffolds, biofuels from seaweed, stem cell products, and nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems have come out of biotech start-ups.
- Core Facility Personnel: High-end technology platforms are essential for scientists to conduct cutting-edge experiments. Huge funds are required to establish, run, and maintain such high-end instruments. Individual labs may not always be able to utilize the full potential of technology due to these factors. Core facilities are the solution to this problem. Anybody from the scientific community can access the high-end technology platforms provided and in turn drive its optimal usage. Research institutions need dedicated staff– facility managers, scientists, and technicians to run these facilities.
- Educator: An educator is someone who has a desire to share knowledge and in turn inspire a future generation of students to come into the field. They work on a plethora of activities like teaching students, developing modern learning methods, preparing the syllabus for the class, hosting examinations, and grading students.
- Industry R&D Scientist: Life science companies employ R&D scientists to develop applications, new products, and improve existing products for commercialization in healthcare, biotechnology, agriculture, and environment sectors.
- Science Communicator: Science communication involves communicating intricate scientific concepts, lucidly and accurately to people through a variety of mediums. A science communicator can express through the written medium, the audio-visual medium, photography, or even illustrations.
Less Investment For The Course:
The investment required for a degree such as Bachelor of Science is highly affordable compared to other undergraduate courses. Candidates can get into top tier colleges with fewer amounts as annual fees. GITAM University Fee Structure is very well curated so that admissions are accessible to all sections of the society. The total fee comes up to around ₹2 lakhs which makes the college one of the best choices to pursue the course. The college also has a strong alumni network which means that students are able to get an excellent internship and placement opportunities. Companies such as TCS, Cognizant, Microsoft, Informatica, ValueLabs, Accenture among others are the top recruiters hiring from the college. Various scholarships are also provided for students based on criteria such as merit, performance, and family income for concessions in GITAM University Fee Structure.