Your eye health is as important as your dental health or physical health. Unchecked, vision issues worsen rapidly. Therefore, it is essential to obtain regular vision screenings. These screenings help detect vision problems before the problems become untreatable.
Vision screenings are conducted with specialized vision screening machines. These machines help spot vision issues quickly and easily. As with any device, vision screeners are not all the same. Each screener has its own features and strengths. Depisteo has created a vision screener that continually tests as one of the top screeners on the market. Not only does it perform better than most machines, but it is also among the most efficient.
What Is the Depisteo Vision Screener?
Depisteo is known as one of the leading manufacturers of medical screening devices. The vision screening device is another fantastic product that catapults Depisteo to the top of the industry. This state-of-the-art vision screening device is designed with optical, electronic, and advanced technology, all of which are used to perform various patient eye screenings. Most of the competitors perform a limited range of tests, denying the patient the benefits of a full vision screening.
Depisteo created a vision screener that can be personalized for your specific needs. Vision tests last between two and five minutes. The digital capabilities of the screening device allow tests to be customized based on occupational needs. Rest assured, the VT1 Vision Screener by Depisteo will meet all of your vision screening needs through customizable, easily adaptable features. Not only is the vision screening machine wonderful for regular vision screenings, but it can also help perform occupational therapy treatments and training applications as well.
What Are the Functions of a Regular Vision Screener?
Vision screeners are essential to ensure eye patients maintain eye health. Accuracy and consistency are critical functions in any vision screening. Without accuracy and consistency, vision screening findings can be detrimental to your overall eye health.
To ensure the most effective vision screening process, your vision screener must have the following functions.
- Acuity: The acuity test detects your ability to see details. This test is often called the eye chart test. You will be asked to read a series of numbers and letters, ranging from small to large sizes. The chart will help test your vision accuracy.
- Ambler: The Ambler grid chart helps show damage to the central part of the retina (or macula), macular degeneration, or other eye illnesses that can lead to vision loss.
- Refractive Errors: Refractive errors relate to the ability for the shape of your eye to bend light. This test detects common vision issues, such as astigmatisms, nearsightedness, and farsightedness. The results of this test will help your ophthalmologist determine your need for corrective eyewear.
- Depth Perception: The depth perception test is also known as the 3D imaging test. This test helps detect stereopsis (binocular eye) and lazy eye.
- Colors: A color blind test detects a patient’s ability to see color correctly.
- Contrast: The contrast sensitivity test detects your ability to see light and dark contrast. This test often diagnoses cataracts in vision patients.
- Complete Visual Field: The complete vision field test checks for issues in central and peripheral vision. These issues can lead to medical problems, such as glaucoma, stroke, pituitary disease, brain tumors, and other neurological conditions.
Of all vision tools, the comprehensive vision screening tool is the most essential tool to detect underlying eye health issues and other health problems. Depisteo’s vision screener is among the best in the field, offering high-performing, adaptable, and efficient screening options. Contact us today to see how the Depisteo vision screening device can help your patients see clearly.